Sunday, January 16, 2011

If there's leftover dough..Let them eat cake

Ever so often, I find leftover atta in the fridge, a couple of days old, that's just too hard to roll into rotis (or I'm too lazy to make rotis out of them). And my heart bleeds when I end up throwing the dough down the trash. So I figured I need to use all this dough in a fun easy way that doesn't require too much energy utilization on my part. Here's one tried and tested recipe that worked :
Atta date chocolate brownies

Atta Date Chocolate Brownies
1-1.5 cups leftover atta dough
2 eggs
1 cup milk
8-10 seedless dates
Brown sugar / agave nectar (not sure how much I put, approximate as per your tastes)
Unsweetened chocolate chips
1heaped tsp baking soda
2 tbsp butter

Procedure
Throw all this in  blender and blend away till you get the consistency of cake batter. Pour into a flat greased pan and bake at 400F for about 1/2 an hour or till it smells done. Voila! Have warm with a scoop of vanilla icecream!

Now points to note : Don't expect this to taste like cake, it won't. I've always wondered why no one uses wholewheat flour to bake cakes, it's certainly different but not that bad also! Definitely worth a try and a good way to get rid of leftovers :)

1 comment:

  1. http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/king-arthur-flour-whole-grain-baking-cookbook?utm_source=frooglecom&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=shopping

    This is the book I was talking about Gannu.

    ReplyDelete