Friday, July 30, 2010

Scarborough fair dinner!

One fine day, I found my refrigerator stocked with exotic herbs I barely recognize. Going by my cooking philosophy (Get rid of rotting stuff in quick and dirty ways), I decided to throw 'em all together in one lazy dish. Hooray! The taste-buds declared this one a winner!

Scarborough fair dinner (Prep time : 40 mins)
Marinade ingredients
- Olive oil
- Fresh orange juice
- A dash of balsamic vinegar
- Salt 'n pepper
- Fresh garlic, grated
- Herbs-gone-wild!! (parsley, rosemary, basil, fenugreek, cilantro)
Marinatees
- Chicken thigh chunks
- Veggies-gone-wild!! (zucchini, squash, mushrooms, carrot, onions..whatever else have you)

Mix the chicken and veggies with the marinade in different containers. Shove 'em in a preheated oven. Bake at 350F for about 40 mins. The veggies will get done faster (duh).

PS : Food connoisseurs - don't hate me for committing herb sacrilege. I've definitely overdone the herbs in this one, but the predominant flavors were that of fenugreek and basil. The others where in there just for good luck ;)
PPS : Marinatees isn't really a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment