Friday, July 30, 2010

Twisted Toasted Tuna Salad Sandwich

Being the self-proclaimed undisputed queen of weird-food combos, here's another recipe that came out pretty good if I may say so myself :)

Twisted Toasted Tuna Salad Sandwich (Prep time : 20 mins)
Ingredients and procedure
Sandwich layers from bottom to top :
- A slice of whole wheat grain bread
- Tuna salad made from tinned tuna, low cal mayo, chopped onions, fresh mint,
   cilantro, green chillies and celery
- Tomato slices
- Chopped kale (Sautéed in olive oil and a hint of sugar for 5 mins till nice and crispy)
- Gruyère cheese slices
- Another slice of whole wheat grain bread
Use a sandwich toaster to seal in the flavors for a crispy delightful semi-healthy sandwich :)

Points to note
- I squeezed out the excess juice from the tuna salad to prevent the bread from getting soggy.
- Of course, you can use any other cheese too, I used Gruyère coz it was just sitting around in my fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment